Friday, January 29, 2010

New Space


Last year I experimented with having my studio at home. It lasted 9 months. Much too long in my opinion. It was a terrible idea from start to finish. Not only did the room I was using have bad light and carpet I was afraid to mess up, but I also felt it was very unprofessional. My attitude suffered for it. However, my four year old daughter was happy to have me painting at home and would sometimes paint along side me on her little easel. She was sorry to see me move to a new space. Two weeks ago I signed a lease on a new space and moved in. I am taking my time setting it up and getting comfortable before I start painting. The studio is in a building full of artists in the mission district of San Francisco on Alabama Street. It's such a relief to have a place (outside of the home) to work. Now I just have to figure out a schedule dividing childcare with my husband. It's a balancing act for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment