Thursday, June 28, 2012

What to send to Japan for the exhibition in October?

"Low Sky", "Point Reyes", "Coast Fog" and "Night Horizon" oil on canvas 12" x 12"

I was invited to participate in a group exhibition at the Museum of Kyoto and the Sakai Cultural Center in Japan in October.  I have to give the inventory list of what I will send by July 1.  Choosing which paintings to include in a show is never easy for me.  I was grouping and regrouping paintings through out the day trying to figure it out.

Because of the high cost of international shipping and my allotted space in the exhibition I'm thinking small work.  I've narrowed it down to two groups of four paintings each painting 12" x 12"  I will also send four 8" x 8" and  six 6" x 6".    

"Night Vision", "Jenner Fog", "Last Light" and "Along the shore" oil on canvas 12" x 12"
I will be traveling to Japan in October as well to see the show in Sakai.  Part of the time I will be participating in a home-stay with a family in Sakai and I'm hoping to visit friends in Tokyo for a few days at the end of the trip. It's been 8 years since I was in Japan.  In 2004 I was an artist in residence at KAIR in Kamiyama on the Island of Shikoku.  Before that I lived in Tokyo 2001-2003.    I can't wait to see what's changed and if I can remember any Japanese!

1 comment:

  1. What a thrill to be not only sending your lovely work for an exhibition in Japan, but being able to go along as well.

    I've only visited Japan once, but I can't wait to get back.

    Congrats!

    ReplyDelete